Fondazione Politecnico di Milano promotes entrepreneurship and it is
one of the intermediary organisation of the Programme Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs managed by the European Commission
. The general objective of Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is to facilitate exchanges of experience, learning and networking for new EU entrepreneurs
by means of working with an experienced entrepreneur in another EU country. The specific objectives of the program are:
Benefits for new entrepreneurs
- On-the-job-training for new entrepreneurs in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) elsewhere in the EU in order to facilitate a successful start and development of their business ideas.
- Exchanges of experience and information between entrepreneurs on obstacles and challenges to starting up and developing their businesses.
- To enhance market access and identification of potential partners for new and established businesses in other EU countries.
- Networking by building on knowledge and experience from other European countries.
Active participation in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs program offers aspiring entrepreneurs access to a wide range of benefits to help successfully run or start a new business:
Benefits for host entrepreneurs
- Up to six months stay with an experienced entrepreneur in another European Union country to gain first-hand knowledge about business start-up in a wide range of areas such as: marketing/sales, financial accounting, customer relations, business finance etc. You will also have the opportunity to improve your business plan.
- Building self-confidence and skills: sector-specific knowledge or know-how, technical and management skills.
- Opportunities for collaboration with other entrepreneurs and the development of cross-border business co-operation.
- Networking and building of strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad.
- Insights into different cultural and organizational settings and how companies function in another European Union country.
- Insights into the business environment of another European Union country.
- Improved language skills.
As a host entrepreneur participating in the program, you will benefit from the exchange by having the opportunity to:
- Work with an energetic and motivated new entrepreneur who can contribute to your business with innovative views, new skills and knowledge.
- Benefit from a “fresh eye” on your business, and specialized knowledge that the new entrepreneur may have and that you do not master.
- Act as a coach or mentor.
- Learn about foreign markets, expand your business opportunities and engage in cross-border activities.
- Interact with entrepreneurs from other EU countries and get opportunities to collaborate with them.
- Network and build strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad.
- Improve your language skills.
Further information at www.erasmus-entrepreneurs.eu
CONTACTS Fondazione Politecnico di Milano
Intermediary organisation / Local contact point "Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs" programme
||Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is an initiative of the European Union.