Digital Revolution in the SI Project
- May 2021
"With the Digitar.R.SI call, we start from school both to invest in the skills and technical skills needed to face the technological transformations underway, and to develop the soft skills necessary to train an agile workforce able to adapt to a ever-changing landscape. In this context, STEM training will play a crucial role in enabling companies to manage change." Andrea Sianesi, President of Fondazione Politecnico di Milano in 2021
DIGITA.R.SI is a new challenge set by Fondazione Cariplo, a digital revolution within Project SI – School-Company-Family Interaction, designed for technical secondary schools; Fondazione Politecnico di Milano is the performing/operational partner and Fondazione Bracco is collaborating to the project.
LINE 1 – Fondazione Cariplo
In Line 1, the objective is to update technical schools by introducing innovation to teaching in a logic that reflects the principles of Industry 4.0:
- Support teachers in experimenting and integrating digital tools in lessons and laboratories, providing suitable training for them to use digital technology effectively in their teaching.
- Expand the skills of future school leavers by improving the level of teaching they receive, including laboratory-based instruction.
LINE 2 – Fondazione Bracco
In Line 2, the objective is to give lower secondary school students (11- to 14-year-olds) ideas that can help them in their future choices. In these challenging times, students and their families should not be left to figure things out on their own; we must find simple and immediate ways for them to access all the elements they need to think about what direction the young people’s future studies should take.
The projects must include developing a new digital product that points students towards a career in the sciences, and it is important to focus on promoting female expertise.
Click here to send in your application.
For more information, please contact:
Camilla Andreazza, Fondazione Cariplo: email@example.com
Daniela Monaco, Fondazione Politecnico di Milano: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrizia Galeazzo, Fondazione Bracco: email@example.com
The role of the Foundation
Fondazione Politecnico di Milano has an operational role as a performing partner
- Line 1 – Fondazione Cariplo: € 800,000 investment to inject digital into lessons and so improve teaching quality
- Line 2 – Fondazione Bracco: € 15,000 investment to direct students towards careers in the sciences
- Over 250 technical schools in Lombardy and the provinces of Novara and Verbania-Cusio-Ossola in Piedmont are taking part in the project, with a mix of state and private schools. All schools are in technological sector , mechanics, mechatronics and energy.
- Deadline to submit proposals: 17.00 on 31 May 2021
- All proposal presentations must be uploaded to Fondazione Cariplo’s online platform
Click here to view the competitive challenge again.